2016-05-21

I Wished on the Moon

Ralph Rainger (música) e Dorothy Parker (letra)
I Wished on the Moon (1935)

"Every night was long and gloomy
Shadows gathered in the air
No one ever listened to me
No one wondered did I care
None in all the world to love me
None to count that stars that hung
Then the moon came out above me
And I saw that it was young

I wished on the moon for something I never knew
Wished on the moon for more than I ever knew
A sweeter rose, a softer sky
An april day that would not dance away

I begged of a star to throw me a beam or two
Wished on a star and asked for a dream or two
I looked for ev'ry loveliness, it all came true
I wished on the moon for you"

Ruth Etting ‎(1935); Teddy Wilson (1935, com Billie Holiday / Brunswick); Bing Crosby (1936, I Wished On The Moon / With Every Breath I Take); Ella Fitzgerald ‎(1955); Billie Holiday (1957, Songs for Distingué Lovers); Coleman Hawkins (1959, The Genius Of Coleman Hawkins); Mel Tormé (1960, Swingin' On the Moon); Art Pepper (1960, Intensity); Frank Sinatra ‎(1966, Moonlight Sinatra); Oscar Peterson (1975, Norman Granz Montreux Concerts); Lena d'Água (2000, Lena Sings Billie @ Hot Clube Lisboa)

Sem comentários: